20 February 2006

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pancakes

Yes, this was super-awesome and I plan on making it again. I really wanted to have lentil soup last night, but after driving to %&$#-ing Anthem and back twice this weekend, I decided quick and easy pancakes would be better. I'm saving up for the lentils tonight. I have been missing my wonderful banana bread since it's been about 2 months now since I have used the oven. Isn't it weird how I love to cook, love to bake, love to take pictures, eat, and talk about food, yet I still won't use my oven! With me being stubborn, I decided to make pancakes (on the stove, duh) that would taste just like banana bread. I love blueberry and chocolate chip banana bread, but I went for the chocolate chip because I made Dreena's wonderful blueberry syrup to go with it again.


I followed the recipe for banana bliss pancakes from Vive le Vegan, but I used bananas and chocolate chips in the recipe. They're barley-sweetened chocolate chips, yum. This actually tasted like banana bread, in a pancakey sort of way, and with the blueberry syrup, this truely was "the best thing ever". That's what Ray always says. I love having breakfast for dinner, especially since I don't like breakfast for breakfast.

And about the fruits... I have a three-tier hangy basket that hangs just above the counter space that I prepare/finish meals at. I decided to just pull the fruits down while the pancakes were cooking and I went overboard and decided to make a cheesy, yet colorful backdrop. I thought it was a lot prettier than the onions, garlic, jalepeno and ginger that hangs on the middle basket.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, now those look good! I love how we both made pancakes this weekend. Btw, it's all about the cheesy backdrop!!

Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

Yum. I would rather have this than what we had for breakfast yesterday, but maybe when we're not rushed!
I just threw in some blueberries, mashed bananas and rice milk to our oatmeal, and off we go!
Hey, can I link your blog to mine?
thanks, kaivegan!

Eat Peace Please said...

Yes, veggiemom, you can for sure link me! Thanks for the comments. You know, this wouldn't have taken very long, except I made thick pancakes. This would have only taken about 15 minutes or so total. Plus, I make the syrup while the pancakes are cooking.

Hey ME... thanks! The yellow is actually original 1960s countertop! It's our whole kitchen, and I love the brightness and color too!