12 February 2006

Black Bean Dip


I cannot possibly eat any more emergency couscous this week at all! I almost gave in last night(again) but instead decided that black bean dip would be healthier and just as fast anyways. I don't know what is wrong with me letting myself get so hungry that I don't feel well. I seriously know better than that. Maybe just because I am used to eating early at work and when I'm home I forget to eat. Even when I'm cooking, I am more into that than the soon-to-be-eating-part. Back to the black beans...

I recently had some black bean dip with lime and it was fantastic. Unfortunately, I didn't have any limes in the house and I was lucky enough to have one crappy lemon left over. I decided to go for it and this is what I put in it:

2 cans organic black beans, rinsed and drained (quick easy way, I usually don't like cans)
2-3 cloves garlic, I use a lot since I love garlic and it's super-good for you
about a half lemon, squeezed
about 1 tablespoon olive oil
about 3 tablespoons tahini (probably more than I needed)
pinch of sea salt
about 1 teaspoon cumin
about 1 teaspoon paprika (maybe less, I didn't measure)
a pinch of chili flakes

That's it. It was super-easy, fast and great with whatever you have in the house: chopped carrots, celery, brocolli, other veggies, crackers, bread, pita, right off the spoon, it doesn't matter.

Verdict: 9 out of 10. Ten would have been if I had some limes. Today is the store day anyway so I am planning on stocking up.

No comments: