19 April 2006

Midweek Munchies (4-19-06)

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme

Midweek Munchies: What Leslie is contributing for the week


This past week (Saturday) I shopped for groceries at Whole Foods Market. Nothing exciting, just stuff on a long-ongoing list. This shopping trip was a bit special, yet still not unique within ingredients, because I purchased items to be used for ideas I've been having lately and I haven't branched out with ingredients. I will be posting photos and recipes (or knowing me, just ingredients) soon, my "treats" and foods came out well. For now, I am actually posting a Midweek Munchies on the day it is supposed to happen!

* (*)means organic *
gold round crackers 365 brand (for Ray's cheese)
shredded wheat cereal
a different type of 365 cracker (whole wheat)
*breakfast blend coffee (just a bit for an emergency)
dubliner cheddar cheese (for Ray's platter)
supreme brie, cotswold, romano cheese (again, Ray's)
*puffed rice cereal
*rolled oats
*Silk Vanilla Soymilk (2)
365 chocolate chips
licorice bar (2)
*gala apples
raw sugar
agave nectar
frozen blueberries
frozen strawberries
*bananas
raw sliced almonds
*red apples
*apple juice (365 unfiltered awesome kind)
*brown rice syrup (2)
*maple syrup
*pasta sauce
seedless black grapes (organic not local now)
can of mandarin oranges (ended up being nasty)
*oat bran
unsweetened cocoa
*organic lemons
*kiwi
*peanut butter (I squeezed there)
*almond butter (same as above)

*organic

-0.30 bag refund!!!!

And about 30 minutes ago I arrived home from going to the Sunflower Market to get our coffee. It's where we usually go for coffee as it is tasty, inexpensive, various types to choose from and nearby. We only go to WFM when we get one or two day's worth just for an emergency. It's just because we're there already. There wasn't any coffee here this morning and it was unusual. We were not happy (bad, I know...). We almost had no coffee again for tomorrow morning. At the last minute Ray remembered... We ran (well, drove) to the store with 10 minutes to spare before closing and grabbed three bags of coffee. Yum to tomorrow morning.
That's it.

Links to other Midweek Munchies

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

8 comments:

Shawn Powers said...

Wow, how long did it take to count those chocolate chips?

(hhehehehe, just teasing)

I still haven't made the famous Leslie treats -- one of these days I'll get the brown rice syrup, etc. to do it.

The weather is warming up (72F yesterday!!!) so my motivation to cook is going down, but that might be a good thing. I don't eat enough raw foods as it is.

G'day!

Shawn Powers said...

Wow, how long did it take to count those chocolate chips?

(hhehehehe, just teasing)

I still haven't made the famous Leslie treats -- one of these days I'll get the brown rice syrup, etc. to do it.

The weather is warming up (72F yesterday!!!) so my motivation to cook is going down, but that might be a good thing. I don't eat enough raw foods as it is.

G'day!

Eat Peace Please said...

He he to you Shawn! Funny joke. Since the weather's getting warmer maybe you can try things like salads, light grain dishes, smoothies, cold or light soups, veggie sandwiches on pita or something like that. I can think of all sorts of great foods for summer and many of them are simple and you *don't necessarily have to use the oven. It gets to be up to even 115 here, so we'll see how this summer goes... I'm thinking gaspacho!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Leslie, organic grapes! Portland'w Whole Foods hasn't had them yet this year. I miss grapes.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Leslie, organic grapes! Portland'w Whole Foods hasn't had them yet this year. I miss grapes.

Eat Peace Please said...

Jess, my WFM doesn't have them right now either, but I'm not sure about the whole year. I think they said one more month...

Michelle said...

i wish i had a whole foods market here.. i can only go when i visit my bro in the states. my first trip there was like heaven though! easily 4 times as big as any health food/natural food store than i've ever been in!

Catherine Weber said...

Wow. I've been to Whole Foods a couple of times, and I like my co-op better! I must be lucky! (We really do have a killer co-op. There's actually a bunch of them across the Cities, but the Wedge is the largest, and judged by the guy who directs traffc in the parking lot on Saturdays and sometimes on Sundays, by far the most popular.) (Thank goodness I'm close enough to walk!) My co-op is just the right size for me -- I know where everything is, and I can be in and out of there in about 45 minutes (with a big list.) They have tons of organic produce (almost everything,) too! I don't think I've ever searched for something and NOT found it. And they have vegan cookies and pastries in the bakery. :)

Leslie, I know how you feel about your coffee. I've even tried mornings with black tea instead of coffee, and it's just not quite the same. :)